Do you know anyone who isn’t affected by stress? Stress side effects, both physiological and psychological, are numerous and vary greatly from one person to the next.The causes of stress are almost endless. Work-related stress can be caused by difficulty meeting deadlines, public speaking, office politics, etc.
Home-related stress occurs in part due to finances, tense family relationships, poor diet, not enough exercise, unhealthy body weight, addictions, smoking, new additions to your life (e.g., baby, marriage, divorce, house, etc.)
Some level of stress is good but stress levels that are too high and/or last too long will adversely affect your overall health. The unpleasant effects of stress are both physical and psychological.
Physical Stress Side Effects
The following diagram should give you the overall picture of the negative effects that stress can have on some people. The numbers indicate the following side effects:
Psychological Effects of Stress
The psychological effects of stress include:
- Social isolation
- Eating disorders
- and lots more.
The Bottom Line on Stress Side Effects
The negative consequences brought on by stress are important and cannot be ignored. It’s why you need to implement an effective stress management technique to deal with the stress side effects and causes of stress.
Learn more on how to deal with stress and its side effects here:
- Top Ten Causes of Stress
- Reduce School-Related Stress
- 10 Stress Management and Relaxation Tips
- Top Ten Tips for Relaxation
- Learn Tips to Manage Stress
- 6 Ways to Stress Less
- 5 Ways to Relieve Stress
- Stress Relaxation Exercise
- Learn How to Relieve Stress
- Stress Relief Techniques for Technology-Related Stress
- Manage Your Stress With Alternate Responses
- Discover the Symptoms of Stress
- Discover The Major Cause of Stress In Your Life