These convenient relaxation spa treatments can be enjoyed in the comfort of your home. No need to worry about getting to the spa on time! These home spa relaxation treatments also use aromatherapy to maximize stress relief.
Relaxation Spa Treatment: Facial
These facial treatments do not contain any chemicals, so you can relax while taking care of your face. You can use basic ingredients that most people have on hand, in their kitchen.
- Revitalizing Facial. Soak two tea bags in warm water, then place them on your eyes for 20 minutes. Although it may seem a little ridiculous at first, many beauty specialists swear by this trick to reduce puffiness and to soothe tired eyes. How does it work? It’s all due to the tannin content of tea.
- Stimulating Facial. Start with a touch of yellow mustard (mild) and spread it on a small area to see if you are sensitive to it. Nothing? Then pat some more on your face to stimulate your skin. Rince carefully and pat dry when you are done.
- Soothing Facial. Nothing soothes and softens the skin quite like… mayonnaise. Yes, it can help revitalize your skin. Don’t use salad dressing, only use real mayonnaise. Spread mayo on your face and let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing it clean with cool water.
- Cleansing Facial. I recommend this Coalface Cleanser by LUSH as a facial cleanser and mild exfoliator. It contains powdered charcoal, which is an amazing exfoliator that is perfect for oily skin. It also contains sandalwood and rosewood to soothe your skin. Lather, rince and your face will be squeaky clean!
Relaxation in the Shower
Most people have their regular routine where they shower in the morning or at night. You can maintain your routine while incorporating some easy relaxation techniques into thanks to your convenient relaxation spa at home.
For example, you can exchange your showerhead for a new "rain shower". Many suppliers now provide showerheads that are environmentally friendly (by reducing the quantity or flow of water used) while maintaining the luxurious and invigorating feel of a rain shower.
I recommend the MOEN 6320 Velocity Multifunction Rainshower, Chrome showerhead.
You can also use aromatherapy shower gels to awaken your senses. Grapefruit and other citrus scents work well for that purpose. Once you’re out of the shower, moisturize your skin with some aromatherapy scented lotions to both moisturize your skin and improve your mood. It can even provide that extra bounce in your step on your way to work!
Convenient Relaxation Spa: Enjoying Baths
Many easy relaxation techniques incorporate a bath. Fortunately, you can also gain various benefits from a bath by changing the ingredients you use.
- Improve your circulation. You can use hydrotherapy in the comfort of your own home by alternating between cold and hot water treatments. Such changes in temperature cause your blood vessels to constrict and dilate, which improves your circulation. You can soak in a warm tub and spray yourself with cold shower from the showerhead to create the changes in temperature.
- Relieve arthritis. Add 4 drops of juniper oil, 2 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of cypress oil and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Epsom salt to your bath water.
- Relieve itching. To soothe itchy skin, add 125 ml to 250 ml (1/2 to 1 cup) of baking soda to your bath water.
- Relieve pain. If your muscles are aching, soak in a tub with warm water and 500 ml (2 cups) of Epsom salt.
Find more aromatherapy recipes for baths here.
Interested in creating your own homemade spa products? Create a relaxation spa with bath products or learn the secrets to selling homemade bath products for a profit.
Convenient Relaxation Spa for Your Feet
If you spend your days up on your feet in uncomfortable shoes, your feet are probably swollen and sore by the time you get home. Try to soak them in warm foot bath and scrub your soles with a loofah. You can also buy a foot bath like the Conair foot bath with bubbles and heat.
An alternative relaxation treatment for your feet that won’t cost you a penny is to use a plastic water bottle (ou small cola bottle), fill it to about 3/4 and freeze it upright. Once the bottle is frozen, roll it under your feet (you may want to wear a pair of thin socks) to provide a cooling massage that will help your circulation.
To get the most out of your convenient relaxation spa at home, try to incorporate some relaxing music like Calm the Mind,Relax – Spa Style: Music to Soothe Your Mind, Body and Soul or Peace: Pure Classical Calm.