One solution to relieving stress is having an aromatherapy lavender relaxation kit nearby. Unsure how aromatherapy can help you? Find out how aromatherapy works here.
Lavender essential oil comes from fresh blue flower spikes on the lavender plant.
When used in aromatherapy, this oil is believed to alleviate stress and depression. It can also promote circulation and induce sleep and relaxation. The calming effect of lavender essential oil can help relieve headaches. That’s why lavender and similar oils are perfect aromatherapy essential oils for relaxation.
What to Include in your Aromatherapy Lavender Relaxation Kit
You can adjust the content of this aromatherapy kit to meet your needs, but try to include all or some of these items in your relaxation kit:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Carrier Oil such as Jojoba oil
- Facial Tissues (Kleenex)
- Spray bottle
- Electric aromatherapy diffuser
- Lavender Aromatherapy Candles
- Lavender Room Spray
- Lavender Reed Diffusers
Aromatherapy for Relaxation At Home
There are several aromatherapy relaxation techniques that you can use with your aromatherapy lavender relaxation kit. I will cover the most common ones here:
- Aromatherapy Bath. Because this relaxation method requires a bathtub, it’s not something that you can easily take with you! But of course, when you get home after a stressful day at work, it will certainly help you wind down. Add about 5 drops of lavender oil and 2 drops of jasmine essential oil just before getting in a warm bath.
- Massages. Lavender massages can be used to relieve insomnia, relieve stress, and balance your emotions. Make sure to keep lavender essential oil and carrier oil (or base oil) in your aromatherapy lavender relaxation kit. You should use 10 drops of lavender essential oil in 30 ml (1 oz) of carrier oil.
- Aromatherapy Diffusers. Use lavender oil in your aromatherapy diffuser to safely and quickly disperse the aroma into the room.
- Home Made Lotions. Add a few drops of oil into your favorite unscented body lotion to make it an aromatherapy body lotion.
- Herbal Insomnia Remedy. Spray some lavender oil or aromatherapy room spray onto your pillow before going to bed.
Relaxation with Aromatherapy On the Go
Although spending a little more time on aromatherapy relaxation is ideal, we don’t always have that luxury. If you are pressed for time, try these aromatherapy relaxation techniques
- Burn a scented candle to help you relax while you deal with the stressful issue at hand. Obviously, make sure to keep an eye on your candle and keep all flammable materials away from it. For example, you could have a candle burning on the kitchen table while you make the last edits to a report you need to submit to your boss.
- A better alternative to scented candles is reed diffusers. Simply place a few reeds in a bottle of lavender oil and the aroma will disperse into the room.
- Place a few drops of lavender oil in a diffuser. The aroma will disperse around you and help you relax while you deal with other issues at hand.
- The fastest relaxation technique is to open up the essential oil bottle and take a sniff. You can even pour some oil on a tissue and carry it with you in your purse or in your pocket for quick access.