You can increase the likelihood astral traveling by working on your astral travel techniques.
Our subconscious can sometimes prevent us from astral projecting because of certain fears, an increase in stress levels or recent unpleasant experiences.
If this is the case, you need to get rid of these fears and convince yourself that you can and will astral travel.
If your last astral experience was not as pleasant as it should have been, try to remind yourself that nothing bad can happen to you in the astral plane.
Getting Rid of Astral Travel Fears
You may come across negative entities at times, but all you have to do is wish to avoid them and you will. They’re easy to spot because of the negative energy field that surrounds them. Avoid anyone with a dark aura.
If you have other fears (sometimes unconscious ones), you will not be able to get out of your body.
Need help? Get rid of all your unfounded fears about projection dangers here.
You can also request that your astral guide be there to help you throughout your OBE.
The purpose of astral guides is to help you with self improvement and self awareness while on the astral plane. They can help you reach the next realm if you so desire.
Astral Projection Techniques & Tips
Sometimes, OBE don’t happen because of the way we express ourselves. Talking to our friends about our OBEs shouldn’t affect our abilities at all, unless we keep reaffirming that we can’t have OBEs anymore… If you keep repeating something aloud, no matter how right or wrong, your subconscious starts to believe it, and it becomes reality.
Call it visualization if you wish, it’s kind of what athletes do in their mind to physically improve their performance. It has been proven to work.
Here is what I recommend you do to improve your astral travel techniques:
- Start keeping a journal to record all your OBE experiences and document which techniques you’re using. In this journal, on the first page, write down a list of reasons why you want to have OBEs. The more positive and selfless reasons you include, the better.
- Align your body with the imaginary line that joins the south and north pole with your head pointing north.
- I recommend you start by lying down in a comfortable position and repeat (mentally) that tonight you will have an OBE. Keep breathing in and out while repeating this mantra. Slowly and gradually tense and relax all your muscles, starting with your feet all the way up to your face, and keep affirming that you will be successful with your astral travel techniques. If you fall asleep without anything happening, don’t worry about it. When you get up, simply record how far along you got in your journal and be proud of your achievements.
- The following night, aim to do just a bit more. Perhaps try to feel the vibrations before the astral body detaches from the physical body. Keep taking small steps, if you do achieve separation, stick to your room for the first night.
- Anytime you get a chance, think positively about your small successes and possibilities, and record everything in your journal.
- When you do achieve separation for the second and third time go ahead and explore the astral realms. Your astral travel techniques will improve with each out-of-body experience.
Learn more about preparatory astral travel techniques.
If you try several astral projection techniques and still cannot achieve separation, try to meditate before astral traveling and work on your chakras. You may be experiencing a “blockage” on the emotional level or some other level. Learn how to awaken your chakras here.
You can also watch these free videos to learn more.