This easy loaded mashed potato recipe is perfect as a side dish for a meatloaf, roast beef dinner or whatever else you’re in the mood for.
It definitely falls in the comfort food category, especially when it comes to men’s favorite comfort foods! Read more interesting details about studies that were conducted on it here.
Easy Loaded Mashed Potato Recipe
|Ingredients:||Water||3 L||(12 cups)|
|Potatoes||1 kg||(2.2 lbs)|
|Margarine or butter||125 ml||(1/2 cup)|
|Milk, 2%||125 ml||(1/2 cup)|
|Buttermilk||160 ml||(2/3 cup)|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
|Sour cream||To taste|
|Bacon bits||To taste|
|Green onion, chopped||To taste|
- Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces no larger than golf balls. Place in the pot with the water.
- On high heat, bring the water to a boil then reduce to medium heat and let the potatoes cook for 10 to 15 minutes. The potatoes should easily fall apart with a fork when they are ready.
- In the mean time, warm up the milk and butter (but not the buttermilk) in a small saucepan on low heat. Do not let it boil.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them.
- Add the warmed milk and butter and mix well.
- Add buttermilk slowly until you have reached desired consistency. You may not use all of it.
- Dress with salt and pepper, sour cream, bacon bits and green onions to taste. Enjoy your delicious loaded mashed potato recipe<
Extras on Your Loaded Mashed Potatoes
You can also add cheese on top of your mashed potatoes if you want.
If you’re feeling up to it, you can scoop out the inside of potatoes, and serve your delicious mashed potatoes into the potato skins!
Cook a delicious roast beef to go with this loaded mashed potato recipe.