Did you know that listening to your favorite relaxation music online could do more than improve your mood? Research has proven that music can improve your immune system, reduce your anxiety levels and reduce pain.
How Your Body Reacts to Relaxation Music
A study that was conducted in Hong Kong concluded that patients who listened to their favorite songs while undergoing minor surgery with local anesthetic had lower anxiety levels than other patients who weren’t listening to music.
Not only did their anxiety level dropped but so did their heart rates and blood pressure.
In Germany, researchers discovered that cortisol (a stress hormone that normally rises during cerebral angiography) stayed stable if patients listened to music.
On top of that, blood pressure also stayed lower when patients listened to music.
Mind Reactions to Music
Relaxation music can also help people express their opinions and feelings. Writing songs and playing instruments is a great way to express your feelings, whether they are joy, pain, anxiety or sadness.
People believed that music helps people with cancer by providing a pleasant distraction from pain and stress. Relaxation music can also reduce nausea and pain after bone marrow transplants or chemotherapy.
8 Instant Relaxation Exercises with Music
Different types of music can achieve different results, but here is a short list to get you started on enjoying the benefits of relaxation music.
- 1. Think of happy days and try to associate music with these happy times. Listening to these particular songs will improve your mood.
- 2. If there is a crying baby nearby, try to hum or sing gently to soothe the baby.
- 3. Try listening to classical music to lift depression and revitalize brain cells.
- 4. You can listen to Techno music if you are exercising and want to get even more from your workout.
- 5. If you’re feeling blue, listen to some good old Rock n’ Roll to improve your mood.
- 6. If you’re trying to lose weight, listening to music while doing any kind of activity will entice you to move more and burn more calories.
- 7. The odd and sometimes unpredictable arrangement of melody with rhythm and silence in songs is good for brain power and can improve memory.
- 8. If you suffer from chronic pain, you can try listening to jazz or string instruments such as piano or harp.
There you have it…
Listening to relaxation music online, relaxation CDs or relaxation tapes are all great way to improve your health.
Your mental, physical and emotional health can all benefit from a few notes and a melody.
Try it out for yourself.
More Relaxation Music
Have you ever heard of New Age music? What about the Sounds of Nature series? Have you ever heard the chants of monks?
And there are many other types of relaxing music that fall in between.
I have yet to hear a relaxing rap or heavy metal song, so if this is all you listen to normally, you may have to expand your musical horizons.
Here are some great relaxing music selections from Amazon.
- Most Relaxing New Age Music in the Universe – an excellent choice for relaxation, meditation, reflection and other activites that require peace of mind.
- Zen and the Art of Relaxation – an Asian flair is present in these songs with birds chirping throughout.
- Feng Shui: Music for Balanced Living – this soothing music collection should help you find inner peace and harmony.
- Satori – Music For Yoga And Meditation – this music with an Oriental sound is perfect for yoga, relaxation and meditation.
- Tibetan Chakra Meditations – an excellent way to reach peace of mind and to meditate or rebalance your chakras.
- Tibetan Singing Bowl – while this doesn’t have a melody per se, the single bowls can help you get into a deeper state of meditation.