- What triggered stress during your last holiday?
- How did you react?
- Could there be a more positive and more relaxing way to react?
- How could you prepare for it this year?
Allow me to give you an example of how to relax on holiday:
- Stress trigger: gaining weight on holidays.
- Reaction: I tell myself that it’s a holiday and I can eat whatever I want. This results in weight gain.
- More positive way: Plan my meals ahead of time, bring a healthy lunch, take something with me to keep my hands busy instead of stuffing my face when I’m bored.
- I will plan my meals and activities the day before. By planning my day the night before, I can pack up a lunch in the morning and avoid putting on too much weight.
Here’s another example:
- Stress trigger: realizing that I’m running out of money before the holiday is over.
- Reaction: I end up racking up debt on my credit card, which causes undue stress and unhappiness.
- More positive way: Budget my holiday more carefully and stick to my budget.
- I will decide how much money I can take with me during my trip. I will divide that money based on the number of days and keep the daily budget in an envelope. Once the envelope is empty, I can’t spend any more that day.
Note: You can also divide the money into categories: souvenirs, drinks, food, hotels, etc.
Relax on Holiday
People can relax on vacation in various ways. Here are a few relaxation ideas you can try during your holiday:
- Spend a day at the beach to listen to relaxing ocean sounds.
- Relax and take a nap in a comfortable hammock. You can even get your own and use it at home! Visit Tropical Siesta Mayan Mexican Hammocks and Ecuadorian Blankets. Tropical Siesta specializes in
unique handmade products: Mayan Mexican hammocks and the softest Alpaca blankets at an unbeatable price and quality.
- Take a walk in nature and enjoy each pleasant moment: looking at wildlife, flowers, streams, etc.
- Take a book with you and read when unexpected delays occur.
- Take a blank journal with you and ask your family to fill it throughout the holiday. Write down funny anecdotes, use it to pass messages between family members, draw pictures, write poems, play games, etc.
- Include the whole family in your planning process. Everyone will appreciate and it will help make the trip a little less stressful for all of you. Go ahead! Relax on holiday!