By reading these facts about chakra awakening, you will learn more about chakras and how to awaken them to improve your life.
Chakras can be defined as the physical, mental, and spiritual centers of activity and they form gates between levels of existence. It is a Sanskrit word that means Wheel and you will discover why it is very appropriate shortly.
Why Should You Awaken Your Chakras?
Awakening your chakras can result in improved:
All of which will help you relax at home and reduce your stress levels.
Facts About Chakra Awakening – Number of Chakras
|There are seven major energy chakras, 21 minor chakras, and a myriad of smaller chakras.
By looking at this chakra diagram from Wikipedia, you get the approximate location for each of the seven major chakras. These are determined to be the most significant chakras because a minimum of 21 energy channels meet at these points.
The 21 minor chakras need seven energy channels to intersect at their location and a smaller number of energy lines intersect at the smaller chakras. These chakra locations are known and used by several health care professionals such as acupuncture and acupressure.
Facts About Chakra Awakening – Chakras
A chakra is a wheel. As you “open a chakra,” what you actually do is induce a spinning motion of the chakra at a high frequency. Some people refer to the chakras as lotus flowers because of the number of petals and the opening motion.
The base and crown chakras (first and seventh chakras) connect to each other directly through a vertical line in your body. The other chakras traverse your body front and back and intersect with the vertical line connecting the base and crown chakras.
Facts About Chakra Awakening – Steps
There are lots to learn and lots of practice ahead of you before you can master opening all seven major chakras, but every attempt gets you closer to mastering the awakening of your chakras.
The Base and Crown Chakras are always open, but you will need to make them vibrate faster to awaken them. The other five chakras are normally closed. When meditating or working on self-growth or relaxation at home, you should open these chakras but remember to close them (and turn down the Base and Crown Chakras) before going into the outside world.
There can be lots of hidden feelings associated with each of the chakras, so it is essential that you work slowly and allocate a decent period of time each time you work on awakening your chakras. It is best done in a private area of your home so that to take time to deal with these emotions before closing your chakras and returning to your life.
While mantras exist to help you open each chakra, I’m providing you with an alternative visualization method that works well and is in tune with these facts about chakra awakening. You will focus on your breathing and the colors associated with each chakra to help you open up the chakras.
|1. Sit in a quiet room with a comfortable temperature. It’s best if you start these exercises sitting on an upright chair.
2. Leave your legs uncrossed and put your feet flat on the floor. Let your hands rest on your thighs.
3. Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing. Inhale and exhale slowly and mentally picture the air making it to every part of your body.
4. Relax all of your muscles and keep focusing on your breathing.
5. Imagine the room getting filled with warm white light. You can picture the light coming from the window, roof, or wherever else. This light is warm and comfortable, it puts you at ease and helps you relax even more. Keep focusing on your breathing and the white light. With each inhale, imagine that you absorb that white light, and with each exhale, the light spreads all over your body all the way down to your toes. Feel the light and its relaxing effects.
6. Tune in to the first chakra by focusing on the color red and thinking about the physical location of this chakra on yourself – at the base of your spine. If you’re sitting on a hard chair, think of the point where the chair touches the chakra. Think of anything red and the feelings you associate with this color. Think of your physical body, nature, and all the other things associated with this chakra. Let the emotions come over you and try to see the positive aspects of your thoughts.
7. If at any time you come across an unpleasant emotion, let the white light wash it away and breathe it out of your system.
8. When you are finished with the base chakra, imagine a red ball that contains all of the ideas and emotions that you generated and let it fly away from your mind. You know that you can always call it back the next time you meditate on your base chakra.
9. For most people, meditating on one chakra per session is enough, but if you feel ready to work on the next one, repeat the same procedure with a different color and location.
Chakras can also be influenced by spiritual healing. Such a healing process uses awareness to inquire and balance the state of your chakras.