Colors and Feng Shui are two closely associated concepts that affect each other. By changing the colors in your home, you might improve an area of your life. The following colors and description may help your chi or energy flow:
Colors Feng Shui – How Colors Affect Feng Shui
- Black: It represents yang and water. Do not overuse this color because it has depressive properties but use it a little to remove uncertainties.
- White: It represents yin, metal and purity. Its effect are similar to mirrors but not as strong.
- Red: It represents fire and promotes activity. Be careful not to overuse red as it could cause anxiety, excitement, anger or even violence. Red should not be overly used in quiet rooms such as bedrooms.
- Blue: It represents water. Too much blue could make you indecisive, but just enough can improve your clarity and help you make good decisions.
- Yellow: It represents the earth. While yellow can help improve your confidence and social skills, a little too much yellow could get to your head…
- Green: It represents wood. Instead of painting your walls green, try using plants. The right amount of green in a room will create enough movement and hope without inducing undue idealism.
- Orange: It represents a mixture or earth and fire. If you have too much water element in your room, adding a little orange will compensate and rebalance your room. Similarly to yellow, it can be good in rooms where quiet social functions are held.
- Brown: It represents earth and is a major source of yin energy. Use very sparingly. Wooden floors are an exception to this rule.
- Violet: It represents a combination of water and fire. It has major calming effects and should not be used in an office. Too much violet may cause the need to isolate oneself from others.
- Gray: It represents the sum of black and white, yin and yang, and is neutral.
- Gold: It represents metal. In small quantities, it creates good fortune and wealth.
- Silver: It represents metal and the moon. In small quantities, it is a symbol of wealth.
- Pastel: Pastel colors are a diluted versions of the darker shades. While they may look good on your walls, the associated Feng Shui effects are minimal.
Final Thoughts on Colors Feng Shui
Colors and Feng Shui are easy to combine now that you know how they interact. If you want to learn more about colors and feng shui, make sure to visit this page.
If you found this information useful, these other Feng Shui pages may interest you: