Sometimes all you need is a home relaxation foot spa.
Can’t afford the expensive spas?
Don’t have anybody else to massage your feet?
That’s all right.
This page contains all the information you need to learn how to massage your own feet to relieve pain and relax your muscles.
Of course, you can also massage someone else’s feet!
Preparation for Your Foot Massage
You will need a large towel, massage oil, and two hands. If you don’t have pre-mixed massage oil, click on the following links to learn how to mix carrier oil with essential oils in order to achieve the desired aromatherapy benefit.
You can also purchase wonderful foot lotions and other foot care products from Burt’s Bees.
Steps To Enjoy Your Home Relaxation Foot Spa
When you’re ready to get started, follow these instructions:
- 1. Lay the large towel on a flat, comfortable surface. You can use your bed, the floor, your yoga mat, etc.
- 2. Sit down with your legs expanded in front of you.
- 3. Pour approximately 1 teaspoon of massage oil in your hands and rub them together.
- 4. Bend your left leg and bring your left leg across your right, as shown in the picture below.
- 5. Rotate your left ankle with the help of your right hand.
- 6. Keep your foot still with your left hand. Using your right hand, stroke the sole of your foot from the toes to the heel.
- 7. Using both of your thumbs, apply pressure in small circular motion over the ball of the foot.
- 8. Gently pull each toe, one at a time.
- 9. As a final move, hold your foot with your left hand. Make a fist with your right hand and use the knuckles to apply pressure from the toes down to your heel.
- 10. Reapply massage oil and switch legs.
- 11. If you have extra time, enjoy a soak in warm water. Your feet will thank you!
If you liked this information about home relaxation foot spa, discover other ways to enjoy aromatherapy treatments.
You can also learn to create and sell homemade bath products for a profit.