You don’t need to spend a fortune to enjoy home spa relaxation treatments like these facial, manicure, and pedicure treatments. Spoil yourself a little!
You may also be interested in these convenient facials, bath and shower treatments to relax and unwind at home.
Relaxation Spa Treatment: Facials
Most of the ingredients for these facials can be found in your kitchen or in your grocery store.
- Facial to Relieve Dry Skin. Do you have a banana nearby? Mash it up and add about a teaspoon of honey. Spread on your face and leave it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing it.
- Facial to Reduce Wrinkles. While you shouldn’t expect surgical results from these facials, they reduce the appearance of wrinkles and smooth your skin. The first one is to lightly whisk an egg white and spread it around the eyes. Let it sit until it hardens, then use a wet washcloth to soften the egg and remove it. You can also use the core of a pineapple and rub it gently over your face for 10 to 15 minutes (avoid getting juice in your eyes). Rinse off when you’re done.
- Refreshing Facial. Steep 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of peppermint leaves into 250 ml (1 cup) of boiling water for 30 minutes. Strain, then use the cool minty water as a toner on your face.
- Cleansing Facial. If you have mangos in the house, mash the flesh of a mango and massage it onto your face for about 3 minutes, then rinse. Your pores should be clean and tightened.
Home Spa Relaxation – Manicure
Do you want to enjoy beautiful hands without splurging at the local spa? Follow these easy steps:
- Cut a lemon in half and add its juice to 250 ml (1 cup) of warm water.
- Soak your fingers in it for about 5 minutes.
- Push back your cuticles.
- Once you’re done, use the lemon peel and rub it against the nails (back and forth) to freshen the look of your nails.
- Moisturize your fingers with petroleum jelly. It will also prevent polish from sticking around the nails.
- Apply nail polish and let it dry thoroughly.
Home Spa Relaxation – Pedicure
You can follow the manicure treatment above for your feet. If you have particular problem areas, this information may be helpful:
- Calluses. You can cover your calluses with Vick’s VaporRub before bedtime and cover your feet (use socks) overnight. The smell may annoy you a little, but your feet will be a lot softer. If you can’t stand the smell, you can use butter and give your feet a massage for a few minutes. Wrap them up in a warm and damp towel. Remove the butter after 10 minutes or so.
- Dryness. You can cut the branch of an aloe vera plant and squeeze out its gel. Apply to the problem area and massage it into your skin.
- Age Spots. If you have age spots on your feet or hands, use 5 ml (1 tsp) of plain yogurt with 5 ml (1 tsp) of honey and apply this homemade bleaching solution to your age spots. Let it dry for about 30 minutes, then rinse well. Repeat for 5 days in a row.
- Pain and Sore Feet. If your feet are aching, soak them in warm water with 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Epsom salt. You can also enjoy home spa relaxation with a foot bath like the HoMedics Bubble Mate Foot Spa.