There are many relaxation meditation techniques being used in this world, enough to confuse most of us.This page explains the most common types of meditation techniques and provides links to free meditation scripts that you can use at home.Ready to bring a little Zen into your hectic life? Let’s get started.
What is Meditation?Here are some ways you could define meditation:
- Freeing the mind of all thoughts.
- Focusing the mind on a single thought, object, or mantra.
- Invoking a higher power, similar to praying in western religions.
- Analyzing your purpose in life or religious teachings.
Types of Relaxation Meditation TechniquesYour meditation focus will determine the type of meditation you should practice. Here are some examples:
- Mindfulness Meditation: Focusing your mind on you, your experience, your perception.
- Concentration: Focusing on a specific object or mantra.
- Mixed: Alternating focus between mindfulness and concentration.