There is more than one asana low back pain solution in the world of yoga. One of the easiest asanas for low back pain is Utthanpadasana (or raised leg pose).
Asana Low Back Pain: Utthanpadasana
- 5. Exhale as you slowly bring your leg back down.
- 6. Repeat 4 more times with the right leg.
- 7. Repeat for the left leg (total of 5 repetitions for each leg).
- 8. As a variation, you can also do this exercise with both legs together.
Cycling – Pada Sanchalanasana
Another way to strengthen your lower back muscles and to reduce or eliminate future low back pain is to perform the Pada Sanchalanasana. You’re probably more familiar with this asana’s English name cycling position than its Sanskrit name.
- 1. Lie on your back and bring the right knee up.
- 2. Keeping your left leg down on the mat, cycle forward with the right leg for 10 revolutions. Make sure to keep your heel off the mat!
- 3. Stop and reverse the motion. Make 10 revolutions cycling backwards.
- 4. Switch legs and repeat.
Other Asanas for Lower-Back Pain
Here are other asana low back pain solutions:
- Baby position
- Cobra pose, which is one of the yoga sun salutation poses
- Cat and cow yoga poses and tiger pose